The Trident is easily one of the best weapons in Minecraft, especially once you’ve enchanted it. It was added in Minecrafts 1.13 Aquatic Update and is a great addition to the game.
There are a lot of unique enchantments that give the weapon new abilities, such as allowing you to fly, cause a bolt of lightning to hit an enemy or have the Trident fly back to you after throwing it.
In this post, we’re going to list some of the best enchantments for the Minecraft Trident. If you want to check out some more Minecraft guides and best-of content, you can view our dedicated area here!
Best Trident Enchantments
Below is a list of enchantments that are available for the Trident in Minecraft, numbered in an order that we think is best. In brackets, you can also see the maximum level for the given enchantment.
- Loyalty (III): After being thrown, the Trident will return to the players hand so it can be thrown again. The higher the loyalty level, the quicker the Trident will return to the player.
- Riptide (III): When throwing a Trident, it will also launch the player along with it. However, this effect only works when either standing in water blocks or during rain.
- Channelling (I): The Trident will channel a bolt of lightning towards an enemy. However this effect will only happen during thunderstorms, which are relatively rare.
- Mending (I): When picking up experience in Minecraft, it will repair the Trident instead of adding to your player level.
- Impaling (V): The Trident will deal additional damage to any mobs that naturally spawn in the ocean such as Squid, Drowned etc. It will also deal extra damage to other players.
- Unbreaking (III): Increases item durability so that the weapon lasts longer before breaking.
Now Loyalty is going to be one of the best enchantments to get for the Trident. You’ll feel like Thor and Mjolnir when throwing the Trident and seeing it fly back towards your hand. Obviously this enchantment is also great because it means you don’t have to go running after a Trident, making it a great main weapon.
Getting the Riptide enchantment is also great. It’s only useful when travelling on water or during rain, but it feels amazing. Holding down right click will essentially allow you to fly, as throwing the trident will also launch the player with it. Just make sure you have some boots of feather falling!
For third place is Channelling, which is another unique enchantment. It’s only usable during thunderstorms though, which don’t happen very often. Throwing your Trident during a storm will cause a bolt of lightning to drop from the sky onto the enemy you’re hitting the Trident with in Minecraft. If you cast this on Creepers though, they will become super-charged.
With your Trident upgraded, getting the Mending enchantment can make sure you never lose it. Instead of XP going towards your level, instead it will go towards any weapon or armor piece that carries the Mending enchantment. However, you can’t get this enchantment from an enchantment table. Instead, it can be found on villagers and inside loot chests.