Euro Truck Simulator 2 VR
Euro Truck Simulator 2 by SCS Software is one of few games that have VR Support. That’s right, if you own a Virtual Reality headset such as the HTC Vive or the Oculus Rift, it’s totally compatible and pretty awesome to play.
Unfortunately, you aren’t really made aware of this. There’s also no set up guide or installation instructions provided for enabling Virtual Reality.
More games are beginning to have VR Support with the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. Some honourable mentions are ViveCraft, which is a third party modification allowing you to play Minecraft in VR. Subnautica is another game which has VR Support.
How to enable VR in Euro Truck Simulator 2
- In your Steam library, look for Euro Truck Simulator 2. Right click it, and select ‘Properties’.
- First, un-check the box that says ‘Use Desktop Game Theatre whilst VR is active’.
- Open the ‘Betas’ tab. From the dropdown menu, select the Oclulus/Vive option (SDK 1.4.0), although it may be a different version compared to when this post was created.
- Go back to the ‘General’ tab, and select ‘Launch Options’.
- Add the following text to your launch options text box: -openvr
- That’s it. Ensure you’re wearing your VR Headset when launching Euro Truck Simulator 2.
- Pressing the F11 Key on your keyboard will switch the Euro Truck Simulator 2 menus between your HMD and Monitors.
- The F12 Key will allow you to recenter your view in the cock pit of the truck.