How to get more settlers in Fallout 4
Are you wondering how to get more settlers to your settlements in Fallout 4? There are probably a few crucial things you’ve forgotten to do. Check out some of the tips below to increase the amount of settlers that join your settlement.
Transfer existing Settlers
In Fallout 4, you can transfer settlers between settlements that you own. For example, if you have 6 settlers at Starlight Drive in, you can move them to Sanctuary if you wanted to.
It’s a really simple task. Whilst in your settlement, head into workshop mode. Find a settler that you want to transfer, and press the button indicated for ‘Move’. In the new interface that pops up, simply choose the settlement you’d like to transfer them to. This is one of the easiest methods for how to get more settlers.
Make settlements inviting
Ensure you have enough resources including:
- Recruitment Radio Beacon: Make sure you’ve build one in your settlement! You wont see any new settlers arrive until you do. Building a settlement beacon in Fallout 4 is easy, and you’ll actually receive a quest to create one quite early on in the game.
- Food: If you want to know how to get more settlers in Fallout 4, start by making sure you have enough food for any newcomers! Plant some fruit and vegetables around and remember to assign settlers to them.
- Defense: Whenever you get new settlers in Fallout 4, you should always be increasing your defense values in increments. Nobody wants to move to an unsafe area, so always add traps and turrets where available.
- Beds: In your pip-boy, you’ll need to make sure you have enough beds to accommodate everyone. One bed per person. It’s a good idea to add extra beds for anyone who decides to join up.
- Water: You’ll also have to make sure you’re generating enough water for everyone. If you’re not, just place some more spouts around.
A lot of people don’t really enjoy using mods in Fallout 4. However sometimes they’re just necessary if you want to get things done. We’ve covered our fare share of mods, including the Top 10 Fallout 4 mods of 2017, as well as Top 10 mods for Survival.
Now if you’re really looking for how to get more settlers, then try out the Increased Settler Population mod. This mod is for PC, however you should be able to find this one, or a similar one for console. There is also a mod that allows you to just add settlers yourself.