Disable mouse acceleration and smoothing in Fortnite
In the current state of Fortnite, there is no option to disable mouse acceleration or smoothing. This is quite unfortunate, as it’s expected in most first person shooter games! However we can let it slide due to the game still being in an early state.
Thankfully, a Reddit thread by user ygdrad explains how you can turn off mouse acceleration yourself manually. As well as disabling it manually, there is another method of simply running an executable file which will disable mouse acceleration and mouse smoothing automatically.
I recommend using the automatic method. It’s much easier, safer and saves a lot more time! If you’re especially going to be playing Fortnite: Battle Royale, you are going to want to disable these features.
Turn off mouse acceleration & smoothing in Fortnite automatically
User smt923 on GitHub has released a very useful tool that automatically disabled mouse smoothing and acceleration. This tool will also back up your old configuration file in case something goes wrong. Follow the steps below.
- Head to the GitHub page for Fortnite mouse acceleration fix here.
- In the description, press the ‘Releases’ hyperlink or open it directly with this link.
- Download the latest version by selecting fortnite-mouse-accel-x64.zip
- Once the ZIP file has downloaded, run the .exe inside.
- When the prompt asks, choose ‘Yes’.
- That’s it! Mouse acceleration and smoothing will be disabled for Fortnite.
Turn off mouse acceleration in Fortnite manually
Once again, credit goes to ygdrad on Reddit for explaining this method in one of his posts.
- Head to the ‘Local’ folder in your AppData folder. You can do this by typing %LOCALAPPDATA% into your Start Menu and pressing Enter. You need the percentage symbols.
- Look for the folder named ‘FortniteGame’ and open it. Then choose Saved > Config > WindowsClient.
- Inside, open the ‘GameUserSettings.ini’ file with an editor such as notepad.
- Look for bDisableMouseAcceleration=False, and change the value from False to True.
- Save the file, right click it, select properties and set the file to ‘Read only’.