We recently talked about modders getting to work on Beat Saber, creating custom music before the official tool was released. In this guide, we’re going to run you through installing some of these new songs for the first time.
All this information was taken from the Beat Saber mod discord. There, you can find other information such as FaQs, discussions and support.
Installing Beat Saber songs
Firstly, this guide is for players. People who want to play the custom songs, not actually make any with the map editor. However If you do want to create your own maps, check out the Beginners Guide on the Discord.
There are two methods for installing Beat Saber mods, we’ll start with the easiest below which is an automatic setup.
- To start, head to https://github.com/Umbranoxio/BeatSaberModInstaller/releases
- You should see BeatSaberModInstaller.exe near the top, download and run it.
- Run through the steps inside the program, then you’re done. Scroll down to install new songs.
Otherwise, you can follow these steps, which require some manual work:
- Head to https://github.com/xyonico/BeatSaberSongInjector/releases and download SongLoaderPlugin.First.Time.Install.zip
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file into your Beat Saber installation directory.
- Drag your Beat Saber.exe file onto IPA.exe, to patch the game.
- You will have a new executable file, as well as a folder named ‘CustomSongs’.
Downloading & Adding custom songs
- Download new songs from either the Finished Songs section in Discord, or head to BeatSaver.com, where you can also download maps.
- In most cases, you’ll get a ZIP file with a folder inside. You need to drop the folder, most likely the name of a song into the CustomSongs folder, located in your Beat Saber installation folder.
- Head into Beat Saber, and you’ll see your new songs ready to play.
Above is an example of the folder structure in your CustomSongs directory. If you want to see leader-boards and be able to rank, you will need to download and install ScoreSaver, available through the BeatSaver website.