MapleStory 2 thrives on its community and player base to bring the game to life. Be it taking out area bosses or running adventures, it’s better in a group. In this guide, we’ll show all the ways you can interact with other players. Don’t forget, you can find more guides and updates on Maplestory2 right here at Pwrdown!
Interacting with other players
You can interact with other players in a number of ways. First right click on the character or their name in the chat box. This will bring up a menu with a variety of options.
- Trade – Here you can exchange items and consumables
- Character – View their character profile and inspect the gear they are wearing.
- Whisper – Privately chat to the player
- Invite to group chat – Allow the player to join your group and chat
- Visit house – Travel to their house and see the trophies they have earnt
- Invite to my home – Bring them to your house to show off your items and trophies
- Add friend – Invite them to be a friend
- Invite to party – Allow them to join your party and embark on quests or adventures
- Invite to guild – Allow them to join your guild and take part in group activities
- Block – Prevent all communication from a certain player
- Buddy Emote – Use an exclusive emote with a certain player
- Report – Flag a certain player to admins for offensive behaviour or spam.
Experiment with these different options and it’ll open up a whole new side to the game. However, be sure to think all trades through carefully and never give away personal information through private chatting.
Talking to other players
There are many ways you can communicate with other players, most of which are done through the chat bar. This can be found in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
Pressing enter will allow you to type in the chat box. The default chat group is local but you can change this to world, channel, party or guild. You can also whisper another player using this chat box. Just press enter and type /playername, where the player name is the person you want to talk to. Alternatively, you can right click on the character or their name, then on whisper and all you need to do is type your message.
Take all these tips in mind and you’ll be on your way to experiencing everything that Maplestory2 has to offer! But remember to stay safe!