In PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, players have the ability to change the colour of their crosshair. Choosing from a selection of predefined colours in the settings. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a PC player or an Xbox One Player, we all have the ability to do it!
A crosshair is your lines or dot in the centre of the screen, letting you know precisely where you are going to fire your weapon. If the dot in the centre is on another player, you’re likely going to hit them when you shoot.
Although there are obviously a lot of factors to take into consideration, such as bloom. There is always a chance that bullet spread will take place, or recoil will cause your weapon to miss.
Most games offer the ability to customise your crosshair in any way you want, such as shape, thickness and colour. This is mostly seen in CS:GO, where you can change your crosshair using console commands.
At this present time, you can only customise the crosshair colour in PUBG. It’s possible that more changes could come to this in the future, with different shapes and styles becoming available.
It’s possible that you can change this from it’s default colour of white. Changing it to bright pink for example can help you see it better, potentially increasing the accuracy of your shots. This will give you the best crosshair possible.
Steps for changing crosshair colour in PUBG
Follow the steps below to change your crosshair color. Whilst the steps and image was taken on PC, they should be relatively similar for Xbox One and eventually PS4 (hopefully).
- First, head into the Settings menu in PUBG. You can usually do this by selecting the cog icon in the bottom right of the screen.
- From the list of of tabs at the top of the screen, choose ‘Gameplay’.
- In this section, you can change many important settings. Under the UI section, we’re looking for ‘Crosshair colour’.
- Use the drop-down menu to choose from White, Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, Purple, Pink or Black.
- Once decided, choose ‘Apply Settings’ at the bottom of the screen. Heading into a game will show your changes and your new crosshair colour.
You can come back to these settings and change the crosshair whenever you want. If you want to request new colours or styles, you should get in touch with the developers or open a thread on the Reddit, as I’m sure they’re open to suggestions.