If you’re struggling to run Realm Royale on PC, we have you covered! With the game only recently getting it’s release on Steam, it’s likely that the developers are working hard on optimisations, meaning it will run much better in the future.
For now though, there are a few adjustments you can make in the graphics settings to help you get a higher FPS and reduce lag! Unfortunately, the cost of changing the graphics settings usually results in a lower quality looking game.
If you’re looking to check out some more guides for Realm Royale, PwrDown has a little collection going, available here.
Before we start, you can access the graphics settings from the main menu. Choose ‘Options’ and head to the ‘Video’ tab, it’s the first one.
We’ll work our way down. Remember, as the game progresses with updates, it’s very likely that more optimisations will come.
- Resolution: To start, you can set this to your default computer resolution (most likely 1920×1080). If after changing the rest of the settings and you’re still suffering with lag, lower the resolution down by 1 value.
- Screen Type: For the best performance, set this value to full screen.
- Anti-aliasing: Set this to the lowest option to start with, you can tweak it later.
- Vertical Sync: V-Sync stops screen tearing, capping your FPS at 60. You can experiment with this option yourself, start by turning it off.
- Details: The final options are World Detail, Shadow Detail, Texture Detail, Particle Detail and Shader Quality. You can try setting all these options to the lowest.
If you’re still struggling, you can try looking at your actual computer. Look into upgrading your GPU, CPU & RAM. Whilst you can also look at any tasks which may be running in the background using up your resources, such as live streams.