Before we start
- Mask your IP Address & Hide your streaming habits.
- Prevent your ISP from spying on you.
- Make your online presence anonymous.
- Allow access to blocked add-ons & content from other countries.
Castaway Add-on Overview
As we all know, there’s been a few problems in the Kodi community with a few add-ons as of late. Thankfully, the Castaway add-on is still working. However there is a new method for installing it, and it may be a bit confusing to some.
Honestly, Castaway does still work. It’s not as good as it once was that’s for sure. But it works. Even if you don’t get round to using it permanently, maybe it will be useful to have in your build at least once. I gave this a test, and it seemed to be very hit or miss. Either way, we’ll provide you with the instructions so you can try it yourself. Maybe it will be updated by the developers sometime soon.
This add-on will provide you with various sources which provide their own Live TV, similar to a middle man. The issue with this is some of the sources just refuse to work sometimes, making the add-on a little redundant. Castaway provides content from reputable sources such as FilmOn (which is still working). The Castaway Add-on for Kodi also hosts a lot of on demand content, such as Sports.
How to install Castaway on Kodi
This installation guide is for Kodi Krypton. If a notification pops up during the installation, saying Unknown Sources needs to be enabled, check our short guide here.
- Click here. It will begin downloading the Castaway Add-on ZIP File.
- A ZIP File will begin to download, save it in a location where you can access it from your Kodi device.
- In Kodi, head into add-ons, then the add-on browser (top left icon) and choose install from ZIP File.
- Go to the location where you saved the ZIP file previously, and select it.
- Wait for the add-on installed notification.
- Complete! You can find the Castaway add-on inside your Video add-ons.