Before we start
- Mask your IP Address & Hide your streaming habits.
- Prevent your ISP from spying on you.
- Make your online presence anonymous.
- Allow access to blocked add-ons & content from other countries.
YouTube add-on for Kodi Overview
The YouTube add-on for Kodi is a great addition to any setup, essentially turning your TV into a smart TV. It works pretty flawlessly with any Kodi setup surprisingly, and is ultra fast to use. Over time, there is only one issue that I have found with it (logging in). When trying to login through the add-on, you will need to activate it twice with your YouTube account and it just doesn’t work half of the time. However it will eventually.
The YouTube add-on has a lot of great and working features. Check trending videos, sign in and check out your subscriptions, watch your saved playlists and save videos for later. If you want YouTube to be added to your home cinema setup, definitely give this add-on a try. It’s quick and simple to install and use.
You will find the installation instructions below, with more detailed instructions including images towards the bottom of the post. If you want to install this build on Kodi Jarvis (V16), the steps are relatively similar.
YouTube add-on installation instructions
If a message pops up saying Unknown Sources needs to be enabled, check our short guide here.
- From the Kodi home screen, choose add-ons.
- Open the add-on browser by clicking the icon in the top left.
- Install from Repository > Kodi add-on Repository > Video add-ons.
- Look for YouTube and select it.
- Press Install. Wait for the add-on enabled notification and that’s it.