Kodi Tykes Add-on
The Tykes Add-on for Kodi is specifically an add-on for Kodi. It hosts Kids IPTV Channels, Movies and TV Shows in a friendly interface.
Tykes add-on for Kodi is for younger users such as children, so if you have a child you may want to set this one up for them. You’ll find it hosts Movies, Live TV, Beat Bugs, Marvel, Star Wars and Top Cat.
When I tested the Tykes add-on out recently, it wasn’t super reliable. However maybe it just needs a small update by the developers. I couldn’t get the IPTV Channels to work, however a good portion of Movies where working.
This add-on isn’t supported or affiliated with the developers of the Kodi platform. Please don’t head to the Kodi forums for help. If you’re having any problems with installing this add-on, please leave a comment below.
How to install Tykes on Kodi Krypton
This installation guide is for Kodi Krypton. If a notification pops up during the installation, saying Unknown Sources needs to be enabled, check our short guide here.
- System (top centre icon) > File Manager > Add Source
- In the top box, enter: http://mwiz.co.uk/repo
- In the bottom box, enter: Merlin
- Press OK to finish adding the source
- Home screen > Add-ons > Add-on browser (top left icon)
- Install from ZIP File > Merlin > repository.merlin.zip
- Wait for the add-on enabled notification. This may take a few minutes.
- Install from Repository > Merlin Repository > Video add-ons > Tykes > Install
- Allow it to install, this may take a minute. You can then find the add-on under your video add-ons on the Kodi home screen.