Kodi Gateway Build
The Gateway Build is a relatively obscure build, however that doesn’t mean it’s not a good one to try out!
Gateway Build Overview
The Gateway Build for Kodi is a relatively good one. It’s very organised and it’s really simple to navigate through. The only issue I have had with this build is the sub menu can be hard to see unless you hover over it. It’s also a very lightweight build, so theres no reason it wouldn’t run on smaller devices like Amazon Firesticks or Raspberry pi’s.
The Gateway Build has categories for All in one, Apps, Favourites, Hidden Gems, Kids, Movies, TV Shows, Music, Power, Sports and System.
This guide is for Kodi Krypton, and the steps below are listed for the Estuary skin. If you have any problems with this build, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll reply. You can also check out the Gateway Facebook group here for support.
How to install Gateway Build on Kodi
If a message pops up saying Unknown Sources needs to be enabled, check our short guide here. If you are confused by any of the instructions below, images can be seen further down to assist you.
- Open System > File Manager > Add Source.
- In the top box, input http://gateway.esy.es/repo/
- In the bottom box, input “Gateway” and press OK to finish adding the source.
- Kodi home screen > add-ons > add-on browser (top left icon).
- Choose install from ZIP File and choose “Gateway”.
- Install the Gateway Plugin ZIP File in there (plugin.gateway.zip).
- Give it a few seconds/minutes to install.
- Open the Gateway add-on, found under program add-ons on the Home screen.
- Click Gateway inside and let it download & install.
- Allow Kodi to force close. Re-open Kodi and the build will be installed.