Kodi iKandy Build
In this guide, we’ll show you how to install the iKandy Build for Kodi by Paulsk2. Make sure to check out our new Kodi Builds section for more great builds.
Before we start
- Mask your IP Address & Hide your streaming habits.
- Prevent your ISP from spying on you.
- Make your online presence anonymous.
- Allow access to blocked add-ons & content from other countries.
You can read more about our eBook here.
iKandy Build Overview
Kodi’s iKandy Build by Paulsk2 doesn’t actually have a lot of content looking at it now, it seems to try and load files from your local library instead of add-ons. I’m not sure i’d recommend this build in it’s current state, but you’re welcome to try it. iKandy uses the Aeon Nox design, however it’s been customised in various ways.
The iKandy Build for Kodi has categories for Add-ons, Favourites, Movies, Music, Pictures, Power, System, TV Guide, TV Shows & Weather. Some add-ons featured in this Kodi Build include Metalliq for Movies & TV Shows & Jukebox hero.
This guide is for Kodi Krypton, and the steps below are listed for the Estuary skin. If you have any problems with this build, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll reply. Also, this build is not supported by the Kodi developers, so please don’t head to the Kodi forums for support.
How to install the iKandy Build on Kodi Krypton
- Open System (top centre cog icon) > File Manager > Add Source.
- In the top box, input http://repo.ares-project.com/magic
- In the bottom box, input “Ares” and press OK to finish adding the source.
- Kodi home screen > add-ons > add-on browser (top left icon).
- Choose install from ZIP File and choose “Ares“.
- Install the ZIP File in there (repository.aresproject).
- Give it a few seconds/minutes to install.
- Install from Repository > Ares Project > Program add-ons > Ares Wizard > Install
- Open Ares Wizard, found under program add-ons on the home screen
- Choose Builds in the top left > Paulsk2 > iKandy > Install
- Wait for it to download. Allow Kodi to force close. Done!
Ares Wizard and pins
As this build is from the Ares Wizard in Kodi, you will be asked for a pin. When the message pops up, hit the “Get Pin” button. A web browser will open, giving you a 4 digit pin. Go back into Kodi, and press “Enter Pin” in the Ares Wizard. Enter the pin you received to get access to the build. You can scan the QR code or enter the given URL on your mobile too.