Kodi Wookie Build
In this post, we’re going to look into how to install the Wookie Build for Kodi Krypton. Although this guide is primarily for Kodi V17 Krypton, it will also work for V16 Jarvis.
The Wookie Build is a popular build, and one of the best choices for your Kodi Setup. It is a well developed build, and is well maintained and updated. It currently has sections for Movies, Sports, Bob, Exodus, Live TV, TV Shows, UK Turk, All in one, Wookie, Add-ons, System, Power, Kids, 4K, WookieFlix, Music, and Phoenix.
Before we begin, please note that the Wookie Build is not affiliated with the official Kodi repository. If you have questions or problems, please do not go to the Kodi support forums for help. You can try messaging the team on Twitter.
The short summary for installing is below, however a larger set of instructions including screenshots can be seen near the bottom if you are confused at any point.
How to install the Wookie Build on Kodi
If a message pops up saying Unknown Sources needs to be enabled, check our short guide here.
- Home screen > System > File Manager > Add Source.
- Enter http://wookiespmc.com/wiz in the top box > Enter wookie in the bottom box > OK.
- Home screen > Add-Ons > Add-on Browser
- Install from zip file > wookie > click me – succumb to the Wookie.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification.
- Home screen > Add-ons > Program Add-ons > Wookie > Install Wookie > Choose a version depending on your preference and Kodi version
- Press the red install button
- Wait for download > Force close Kodi and open it to save the changes
- Done! The build is installed and ready to use.
Wookie Build Installation with pictures
From the Home screen, click the settings icon at the top (indicated by the red arrow)
From this menu, head into the File manager, located in the bottom right
On the left side of the screen, choose “Add source”
On the next window, two text boxes will show up. In the top one, click it and input the repository URL: http://wookiespmc.com/wiz and press OK. In the second box at the bottom, type “wookie”.
Now head back to the Home Screen, and select “Add-ons”
Choose the explore add-ons button, located in the top left.
Choose “Install from ZIP File”, and go into “wookie”, then click the file above and install it.
Back on the Home Screen, go to Add-ons, then go into your Program add-ons and open “Wookie”.
Choose “Install Wookie” in the bottom left.
Select a version you like/require.
Wait for it to download and restart Kodi and you are done.