Make Kodi download Movies and TV Shows to your local machine
In this guide, we are going to enable downloading in Kodi, which will allow you to download Movies and TV Shows from the Exodus add-on to your local machine. This will allow you to download media files and watch them without being connected to the internet, or without any buffering issues or source finding.
First, you will need to ensure that you have the Exodus add-on installed, if you haven’t, check out our guide for how to install Exodus. This guide also works with Genesis Reborn, for if you’re having problems with Kodi.
We will be creating this tutorial using Kodi V17 Krypton, however the process is the same if you’re using Kodi V16 Jarvis.
If you’re unfamiliar with Kodi or new, a detailed guide is below the instructions including images.
Before we start
- Mask your IP Address & Hide your streaming habits.
- Prevent your ISP from spying on you.
- Make your online presence anonymous.
- Allow access to blocked add-ons & content from other countries.
If you’re using Genesis Reborn over Exodus, just repeat the same steps but in the Genesis Reborn add-on instead.
- Go to addons > Video Addons > Open Exodus
- Select Tools from the first menu
- In the next menu, choose “EXODUS: Downloads”
- Enable Downloads, ensure this is enabled
- Click “Movies” and choose a directory where you’d like downloaded files to go
- Do the same for TV Shows
- Once you have chosen a directory for both objects, press “OK”
- Now find the media you wish to download through Exodus, either Movie or TV Show
- Load the sources list, and open the context menu on one of the sources, by either Right clicking or pressing “C”
- Press the “Download” button and confirm! The file will be in your chosen directory once completed.
Detailed instructions with images
Open the Exodus addon under Video Addons
Choose “Tools” from the first menu
Then select “EXODUS: Downloads”.
Tick the “Enable Downloads” box
Click “Movies” and then choose a directory where you want any movies you download to be stored.
Do the same for the TV Shows section.
Press “OK” once you have chosen a directory for both objects.
Find a file you’d like to download, and click it so that the list of sources show up.
Open the context menu whilst you’re hovering over a source, using either the right click button or the C keyboard button. If you’re using a remote, look for the menu button or context button. Click “Download”
Choose Confirm on the next box, and you’re done. Once the download has completed it will be in the directory you chose before.