How to add sources in Kodi
To install add-ons and repositories from Kodi, you’ll need to add a source. It’s a pretty easy thing to do, and you will need to know the Source URL.
A source is always just a web address, and you can always check to see if a Kodi sources is working by typing the URL into your browser. If the source works, you should see ZIP files on a web page.
If you receive a ‘Couldn’t retrieve directory information error‘ in Kodi, there are a few steps you can take.
How to add a source in Kodi
- From the Kodi home screen, open the System settings by clicking the cog icon in the top centre.
- Choose ‘File Manager’, found on the bottom row.
- On the left-hand side, select ‘Add Source’.
- In the window that pops up, it will have two text fields. The top one that says <None> is where you can input the source URL. (See Figure 1).
- Once you’ve inputted the Source URL, you can choose a name for it in the bottom box. You can name sources whatever you’d like.
Installing add-ons and repositories from a Kodi source
Now that you’ve added a source, you can install content.
- From the Kodi home screen, choose add-ons.
- Open the add-on browser by selecting the top left icon, which looks like an open box.
- Choose ‘Install from ZIP File’. In the list should be an option with the name you chose before for the source URL.
- Inside you will find the contents of the source.