Making Kodi run on startup with Windows
If you’re using your Windows device purely for Kodi, it’s a good idea to make it run on Start Up. That means you can just switch on the PC/Laptop/Tablet and it will start straight up to the Kodi platform.
To do that, we’re going to create a shortcut for the application and put it in the start-up folder. This guide will work on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
How to make Kodi run on Start up
- Open the Start Menu and search for Kodi. Right click it and select “Open File Location”.
- A shortcut for the Kodi application should open in a folder, leave it there for a moment.
- Hold the Windows key on your keyboard and press R whilst still holding the windows key.
- A new window will pop up, in the text box, type the following shell:startup
- A folder will open, which is the start-up folder. Copy the Kodi shortcut and paste it into this folder. When you restart your PC, Kodi should automatically open!