Reset Kodi to Factory Settings on Windows
If you’re looking to reset Kodi to factory settings on Windows, it’s a relatively simple task and doesn’t require you to completely uninstall and reinstall the Kodi platform. All you have to do is delete a certain folder containing your Kodi files.
By deleting these files, you will remove ALL saved configuration including any builds, add-ons, local media information, user accounts etc.
Before we start
- Mask your IP Address & Hide your streaming habits.
- Prevent your ISP from spying on you.
- Make your online presence anonymous.
- Allow access to blocked add-ons & content from other countries.
How to reset Kodi back to it’s Factory Settings
Follow the steps below to reset Kodi to Factory Settings. It should only take around a minute total.
- In Windows, open your Start Menu.
- Either open the search bar or just start typing the following WITH the percentage symbols: %AppData% and press Enter.
- In the directory that opens, look for a folder named “Kodi”.
- This is the folder that contains all of your Kodi configuration and information. Delete it.
- Open Kodi again, and it will have reset back to its factory settings. A new folder will have been recreated in its place.