Reset Kodi to Factory Settings on Windows
If you’re looking to reset Kodi to factory settings on Windows, it’s a relatively simple task and doesn’t require you to completely uninstall and reinstall the Kodi platform. All you have to do is delete a certain folder containing your Kodi files.
By deleting these files, you will remove ALL saved configuration including any builds, add-ons, local media information, user accounts etc.
Before we start
- Mask your IP Address & Hide your streaming habits.
- Prevent your ISP from spying on you.
- Make your online presence anonymous.
- Allow access to blocked add-ons & content from other countries.
You can read more about our eBook here.
How to reset Kodi back to it’s Factory Settings
Follow the steps below to reset Kodi to Factory Settings. It should only take around a minute total.
- In Windows, open your Start Menu.
- Either open the search bar or just start typing the following WITH the percentage symbols: %AppData% and press Enter.
- In the directory that opens, look for a folder named “Kodi”.
- This is the folder that contains all of your Kodi configuration and information. Delete it.
- Open Kodi again, and it will have reset back to its factory settings. A new folder will have been recreated in its place.