Uninstalling Kodi on Windows
If you’ve had enough of Kodi and want to uninstall it from a Windows PC, this guide should be of some assistance. When you head to your Control Panel to uninstall Kodi, you may be leaving behind a lot of leftover files that you may want to clear out. Check the steps below for How to uninstall Kodi.
Uninstall Kodi through Control Panel
Let’s begin my uninstalling the actual software. Open the Control Panel, which you can search for in your start menu. In the search box in the top right, search for ‘uninstall’. From the results, select ‘Uninstall a Program’.
Look in the list for Kodi, right click it and select Uninstall. Run through the wizard to uninstall the Kodi software.
Ensure configuration files have been deleted
Now that we’ve uninstalled the Kodi software, it’s time to make sure the configuration files and other data have been deleted.
- Open your start menu and type the following exactly: %AppData%
- We need the percentage symbols wrapped around it. Once you’ve typed that into your search bar, hit Enter.
- This should bring you to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming.
- Look inside for a folder called ‘Kodi’.
- Delete the entire folder.
If the Kodi folder is not there, that means the uninstall wizard successfully deleted all of the files previously.