Before we start
- Mask your IP Address & Hide your streaming habits.
- Prevent your ISP from spying on you.
- Make your online presence anonymous.
- Allow access to blocked add-ons & content from other countries.
Installing the latest Kodi on a Fire Stick
In this post, we’ll guide you in installing Kodi on your Fire Stick using the Downloader app. By installing Kodi with this method, you don’t have to use any complicated software such as ES Explorer or adbLink. This method is also super quick, and can be completed without a PC.
If you do prefer to use adbLink to install Kodi on the Fire Stick, you can check out our guide to installing Kodi with adbLink. If you already have Kodi installed on your Fire Stick, this guide will also allow you to update it to the latest Kodi version.
Below you’ll find quick installation instructions which you should be able to follow along to. However if you’re a beginner, more detailed instructions can be seen further down which includes images.
Quick installation instructions
- On your Fire Stick, click the search icon in the top left.
- Type “Downloader” into the box and search for it.
- Select the Download app (it has an orange background), download it and open it once downloaded.
- In the box at the top that says http://, set the URL to http://kodi.tv/download and press ‘Go’.
- The Kodi website will open, scroll down and click the Android icon.
- A new window will pop up, choose the ARMV7A Option.
- A ‘Downloading’ notifcation will pop up. Once it’s completed, press the ‘Install’ button in the bottom right.
- You will receieve a notification once it’s installed. Congratulations, you’ve just installed the latest Kodi on a Fire Stick!
Hopefully you was able to follow along with these instructions just fine, and you can now run Kodi on the Fire Stick. However if you got confused at any stage, I’ve included the steps with images below. You can also leave us a comment if you’re having any problems.
How to install Kodi on Fire Stick with images
Unfortunately, we weren’t able to get an image for the final step. However, after it has finished downloading as seen above, a new window will open. All you need to do is press “Install” in the bottom right and allow it to install. Once done, Kodi can be found on your Fire Stick home screen!