Setting up Kodi with Windows
In this guide, we’ll cover installing Kodi to its bare minimum on the Windows platform. Thankfully, the process for setting up Kodi is really simple, and no additional software or knowledge is needed. Just run the installer and you’re practically ready to go.
Before we start
- Mask your IP Address & Hide your streaming habits.
- Prevent your ISP from spying on you.
- Make your online presence anonymous.
- Allow access to blocked add-ons & content from other countries.
Steps to installing Kodi on Windows:
- Head to the Kodi website here on your Windows machine, scroll to the bottom and select “Windows”. From the window that pops up, choose “Installer (32 Bit)” from the top row labelled “Release”.
- Run through the installation process. Kodi doesn’t install any malware/adware so it’s perfectly fine to keep clicking “Next” leaving everything on the default settings.
- By default, Kodi will install to C:\Program Files\Kodi and all of the application data will be installed to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi
- At the end of the installation, you have the option to run Kodi or exit the setup wizard.
As you can already tell, that was a simple setup process. On your Windows system, you will now have the Kodi platform ready, and more than likely sitting in your start menu.
Upon running Kodi, you’ll be presented with the default Kodi setup, which is using the skin “Estuary”. However, you have a lot of control over the design and interface, which can be customised and setup in our other guides.
With Kodi now installed, you’re ready to add all of your own Movies, TV Shows and configure your Live TV Settings. You can also install additional add-ons that aid your system such as YouTube, Twitch, Pandora and so much more.