Uninstalling & Removing Addons from Kodi
In this guide, we’re going to show you how to remove Addons from Kodi Krypton. When we say ‘removing’ add-ons, we basically mean uninstalling. There are a few reasons that you may wish to remove & uninstall add-ons from Kodi.
The main reason is usually that having too many add-ons will bloat your setup and make it run slower than usual. This is due to the fact that add-ons are usually doing their own thing in the background, such as updating.
You should always aim to remove any addons which you aren’t actively using as it’s just going to make your setup run slow and take up unnecessary resources.
Before we Start
We’ve spent a lot of time creating an eBook focused around Kodi Krypton. It’s suitable for both beginners and pros to the Kodi platform, and is bound to help you achieve the perfect set-up. Contained within our latest eBook is over 60 pages packed with useful guides and a showcase of some Kodi add-ons & Kodi Skins along with installation instructions for each. We’re very proud of the eBook we’ve created and think it will be very useful to our readers. You can read more about our eBook here.
How to remove Addons from Kodi
For this quick guide, we will be using the default Kodi Krypton skin which is ‘Estuary’. That way the steps are easy to follow.
- Whilst on the Kodi Home Screen, select ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose the icon in the top left of the screen which looks like an open box. This will open the ‘Add-on Browser’.
- Select ‘My Add-ons’ from the list on the right hand side of Kodi.
- From this menu, you can either select ‘All’, or if you know what type of add-on it is such as a Video add-on, choose that menu instead.
- Look for the add-on from the list that you want to remove or uninstall. When hovering over it, open the context menu. Or you can either select it.
- From the list, choose ‘Uninstall’. This will completely remove the add-on and it’s settings from Kodi!