Before we start
PwrDown highly recommends you use a VPN when using Kodi. Users have reported receiving legal notices due to streaming Movies, TV Shows & Live Content through Kodi add-ons & builds. We recommend using IPVanish. IPVanish is one of the only top tier VPNs and it’s tailored specifically for Kodi users. It works on almost all devices including the Amazon Fire Stick Using IPVanish will:
- Hide your IP Address.
- Prevent your ISP from spying on you.
- Make your online presence anonymous.
- Allow access to blocked content from other countries.
- Hide your streaming habits!
How to restore Kodi to factory settings
In this guide, we’ll show you how to restore Kodi back to it’s factory settings. This guide will cover both Windows and the Amazon Fire TV Stick. It’s a very short and simple process, and realistically it should take less than a minute or two.
Upon completing this tutorial, it will delete all of your data including add-ons, builds, skins and settings. It’s basically the same as installing Kodi on a new device, however we don’t have to go through that long process of downloading and installing the software again.
Once you restore Kodi back to it’s original factory settings, you can go ahead and install either a custom build, or start creating your own from scratch! Make sure to check out some add-ons we’ve covered here.
How to restore Kodi on a Windows Device
- Open the start menu by pressing the windows key.
- Type %appdata% (make sure to include the percent symbols).
- It will take you to the ‘Roaming’ folder inside of ‘AppData’.
- Look for the folder named Kodi, and delete it.
- Open Kodi again, and it should have reset to the default settings.
Restore Kodi on an Amazon Firestick
- Ensure you are on the Fire TV Stick home screen.
- Go into the Settings tab toward the bottom of your screen.
- Head into the Applications tab.
- Choose Manage Applications.
- Select Kodi.
- Look for and choose ‘Clear Data’.
- Choose Yes when you get the “Delete app data?” message.
- Click Clear data again.
- Now Open Kodi by choosing “Launch Application”.
- That’s it, Kodi should be restored to Factory Settings