Before we start
PwrDown highly recommends you use a VPN when using Kodi. Users have reported receiving legal notices due to streaming Movies, TV Shows & Live Content through Kodi add-ons & builds. We recommend using IPVanish. IPVanish is one of the only top tier VPNs and it’s tailored specifically for Kodi users. It works on almost all devices including the Amazon Fire Stick Using IPVanish will:
- Hide your IP Address.
- Prevent your ISP from spying on you.
- Make your online presence anonymous.
- Allow access to blocked content from other countries.
- Hide your streaming habits!
Removing an add-on from Kodi
When creating your own personal Kodi setup or using ready made builds, you’ll probably end up with a lot of add-ons which will bloat your Kodi set-up and probably slow it down. Uninstalling add-ons is a simple task to do, and one that is definitely important. Removing add-ons from can help save some space on your Kodi device, or even make Kodi run smoother.
The entire process is very quick and easy. Below are some short installation instructions, with images further down for if any steps confuse you.
How to uninstall add-ons in Kodi
- Kodi > Add-Ons > Choose a category or “All”
- Look for the add-on to install and select it once to open add-on menu page
- If it doesn’t open, hover over the interface and open the context menu. This is done with right click or “C” on a keyboard. You will have a button for it on your remote if using one.
- Choose “Uninstall”. And that’s it.
How to uninstall Kodi add-ons with images
For my example, I will be uninstalling the F.U.B.A.R add-on.
Choose the add-on you want to uninstall, in my case F.U.B.A.R. Click it to open the menu below, or open the context menu and choose “Information”. Context menu is right click on a mouse, “C” on a keyboard, or your remote will have a special button for it.
And finally, choose “Yes” on the notification pop-up. That’s it, the add-on has now been removed and uninstalled from your Kodi setup.