Mr Crayfish’s Gun Mod is a weapons mod available for Minecraft. There’s 9 different weapons included with the mod, which can be further customized with an assortment of enchantments and attachments.
We’ve covered many more mods in a Wiki format here at PwrDown, as well as full lists on our YouTube Channel. Alternatively, you might be interested in looking at some of our Minecraft Mod Lists currently available here on the website.
To get started with Mr Crayfish’s Gun Mod, you need to craft the Assembling Table, as the weapons don’t have Crafting Recipes. This is the block that will allow you to start crafting the guns, attachments and ammunition that are included with the mod. It’s pretty simple to craft, costing 5 Iron Ingots and 3 Light Gray Concrete.
When placed down, you can interact with the table by right clicking it. There are 3 tabs you’ll want to use, which are Weapons, Attachments and Ammo.
You can scroll through each item by pressing the arrow buttons. On the right hand side, you can see a list of materials that are required to craft the item on the screen. There’s also a slot located next to the ‘Assemble’ button. In here, you can place any dye color which will be applied to a weapon, like a skin or camouflage.
There are 9 different Guns included with the mod. Each one has a specific ammunition type they require, and deal different amounts of damage. They can all be crafted inside the Assembling Table, and all but 1 just require Iron Ingots to craft.
- Pistol: Requires Basic Bullets, deals 9 damage and can hold 16 Bullets at once. Semi-automatic firing style, with high recoil.
- Shotgun: Requires Shell, deals 18 damage and can hold 8 Shells at once. Short range attacks in a semi-automatic style, with little recoil and high damage.
- Rifle: Requires Advanced Bullets, deals 15 damage and can hold 10 Advanced Bullets at once. High damage dealing weapon, which can fire semi-automatic with little recoil.
- Grenade Launcher: Requires Grenades, deals 15 damage and can hold 1 Grenade at a time. Can clear a large amount of enemies in a small area without destroying terrain, and is relatively fast to reload.
- Bazooka: Requires Missiles, deals 25 damage and can hold 1 Missile at a time. Deals a lot of damage to enemies, but will also destroy terrain. Even though it’s fast to reload, there’s a cooldown time of a few seconds.
- Minigun: Requires Basic Bullets, deals 5 damage and can hold 100 Basic Bullets at once. Fully automatic with small damage, so it’s great for clearing waves. But it has quite a lot of recoil with sustained full auto fire.
- Assault Rifle: Requires Basic Bullets, deals 6.5 damage and can hold 40 Bullets at once. Great all around, fully automatic Assault Rifle which deals a good amount of damage. Recoil might let it down for mobs with high health.
- Machine Pistol: Requires Basic Bullets, deals 1.5 damage and can hold 80 Bullets at once. It’s fully automatic, but the low amount of damage and extreme recoil might make it difficult to use.
- Heavy Rifle: Requires Advanced Bullets, deals 18 damage and can hold 4 Bullets at once. Very strong Rifle which will shoot a single bullet, before needing to cooldown for a few seconds.
You can apply attachments to a Gun by pressing Z while holding it. Weapons can receive a Scope, Barrel, Stock and Under Barrel. There are 9 different attachments available:
- Short Scope: See further with reduced ADS (Aim Down Sight Speed).
- Medium Scope: See further with reduced ADS (Aim Down Sight Speed).
- Long Scope: See further with reduced ADS (Aim Down Sight Speed).
- Silencer: Equip into the Barrel slot. Reduces the sound your gun makes, but the damage is also reduced.
- Light Stock: Increases accuracy overall, but it takes longer to ADS.
- Tactical Stock: Increases accuracy overall, but it takes longer to ADS.
- Weighted Stock: Increases accuracy overall, but it takes longer to ADS. Fire Rate is also reduced.
- Light Grip: Increases accuracy, reduces recoil and allows you to ADS faster.
- Specialized Grip: Increases accuracy, reduces recoil but causes you to ADS slower.
There are two throwable items included with Mr Crayfish’s Gun Mod. The first is the Grenade, which costs an Iron Nugget and 4 Gunpowder. You can throw it by right clicking, but if you hold it down, then you’ll cook the Grenade instead, allowing it to explode sooner after release.
The second is the Stun Grenade, which is a Flash Bang. If it detonates near an enemy, then their screen will turn white. This blocks their vision, and sound is severely reduced.
Weapons can also receive Enchantments to further upgrade them. There’s 9 in total, and these can be applied to your weapons inside of an Anvil.
- Quick Hands: Increases the speed of reloading weapons.
- Trigger Finger: Increases the speed which you can fire weapons at.
- Lightweight: Reduces the weight of a weapon, allowing you to aim down sights faster.
- Collateral: Allows fired bullets to hit multiple entities at once, instead of stopping.
- Over Capacity: Increases the ammo capacity of a weapon.
- Reclaimed: Gives a chance for a bullet to not be consumed when fired.
- Accelerator: Increases the speed of projectiles, allowing them to deal more damage.
- Puncturing: Gives a chance for a fired bullet to deal critical damage.
- Fire Starter: Fired bullets will set hit entities and blocks on fire.
Download Mr Crayfish’s Gun Mod
The links above go to the CurseForge page, where you can download Mr Crayfish’s Gun Mod. The PwrDown website supports mod creators, and recommends that you only download from CurseForge. Not only are you supporting mod creators, but you’re also ensuring the files you download don’t contain any harmful/infectious content.