With the recent release of Raft hitting the Steam platform, the controls might be confusing for some. Especially if you never played any of the Alpha Versions that where available for free.
In this guide, we’re going to look through what all the controls are, and how to change them. All these settings are the default controls, and won’t be correct if you’ve already changed them yourself.
You can access the Control settings from the main menu. You can see more guides for Raft here.
- Walking: Use WASD to walk around, and use your mouse to look. You can change the sensitivity of your mouse too inside the game settings.
- Sprint: Either of the SHIFT buttons on your keyboard will make your character sprint. It’s likely that this will make you more hungry or thirsty though.
- Jump: Tap SPACE to jump in Raft.
- Swim Downwards: When inside the Ocean, you can swim downwards by holding LCTRL. Alternatively, you can go back to the surface by holing SPACE.
- Action 1: Click your LMB to do Action 1, which is useful for placing furniture or interacting with certain objects.
- Action 2: To complete an Action 2, instead, tap the RMB.
- Interact: Interacting with items can be done by pressing E. Placing water on top of a purifier will require you to press E for example.
- Rotate: When rotating furniture and building pieces, you can rotate them with two different buttons. These are R and X.
- Drop Item: With an item selected on your hot-bar, you can drop it too your friend by pressing Q.
- Game Info: Open the game info interfacing by pressing O.
- Cancel Action: Press ESC on your keyboard to cancel actions, or open the settings menu.
- Open Inventory: Pressing I or TAB will open the inventory and crafting screen.
- Hotbar: You have 10 hot-bar slots in total, therefor pressing the keys 1-10 on your keyboard will go to the corresponding slot. You can also use mouse wheel scrolling.